Beloved in Christ,
May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has won our peace by His victory over sin, death, and all sorrow, comfort and sustain you at this time. The Church Council met via teleconference yesterday evening and together we have come to the following policies regarding the social distancing necessary because of Covid-19.
- Worship Services will continue online: Pastor Estes has posted sermons from this past Sunday and Wednesday. You can find these at two sites:
- On Sundays at 10:15 AM and Wednesdays at 6:30 PM services will be posted to our website and Facebook. A printable copy of the service will be available for download on the webpage and Facebook page, however see point 3 for another option.
- On Friday March 27th, we will have packets with printed copies of all the services through April 12th (Easter). These will be available for pickup outside the Church Office door or arrangements can be made to have them delivered if necessary.
- We want to resume services ASAP, but safely. Our desire is to be open for Easter, but only time will tell. Please be assured that Pastor Estes and the Council are being diligent in evaluating all matters regarding Covid-19.
- Offerings can be mailed to 4700 Armour Road Columbus, GA 31904. Your church-family sincerely appreciates your financial support during this unprecedented time.
- Until further notice all meetings, and church functions are suspended.
- At this time the Church Office is open for its regular hours, however access will be limited.
- Until further notice the church facilities are closed to the general public including the AA and NAMI groups.
- As stated before Pastor Estes and the Council will be assessing week-by-week to determine when we can return to operation as normal.
Finally, if you need anything please do not hesitate to call the church office, Pastor Estes, or your elder. Many members have communicated they are available to help members with grocery shopping or other needs. We can connect you to them. I encourage all of us to be proactive in checking in on one another and attempting to remain connected via phone calls, texts, and social-media. This is an opportunity to serve one another and our community in Christian hope and love!
In closing, let us remember the great comfort in the Spirit inspired words of St. Paul:
4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)
In Christ’s Service,